What is esports, and how is it different from other sports?
Esports is a form of competitive computer gaming that can be played by individuals, teams, or groups. It is similar to traditional sports like basketball and football in that it involves two teams playing against each other, with players competing for a prize.
Esports differs from traditional sports in the following ways:
- Esports are played on video game platforms rather than on physical fields.
- Esports are often streamed online and watched by millions of people worldwide.
- Esports do not usually have referees or umpires; instead, players call their own fouls and penalties.
- Esports tournaments are not governed by any governing body like traditional sports leagues or associations.
The definition of an eSports game is as follows: “A video game with competitive, multiplayer features and a large following.”
The benefits of watching eSports are:
- Learning how to play games better;
- Being able to follow your favorite team or player;
- Enjoying the thrill of victory and defeat.
How to Bet on Esports
Betting on esports has become a popular pastime for many people. It is also a good way to make some money. There are many websites that offer betting opportunities so it can be confusing for the newcomers which one to choose.
Betting websites are not limited to just one type. They include online sportsbooks, poker rooms, and casino sites that offer betting opportunities on various esports games such as CS: GO, Dota 2, League of Legends, Overwatch, etc. In Indonesia, betting on eSports is possible on sites like Dewatogel.
What Betting Websites Offer for Esports?
Betting websites offer a wide range of different betting options and market types. Some of the most common bets include spreads, line bets, and props.
- A spread is a predetermined difference between two teams’ score probabilities at the end of a game. A team favored by three points would have a -3 point spread, for example.
- Line bets allow you to bet on one team against another to win or lose. The order of the line can be important, as it will determine which team gets taken in the event of a tie. If a bet on Team A is -100 and odds are -120 that Team B will win, then if Team A wins, the bet would cash at even money (+1).
- Prop bets allow you to make bets that do not fall into the category of simply picking one team over another or betting on an outcome.
The Best Bets for the World League of eSport
The World League of eSport is the world’s first tournament of competitive video games. It is a global, multi-platform, multi-game event that has been in development for over a year.
The best bets for this event are the following:
1. The World League of eSport will be streamed live on ESPN3 and ESPN2, with English commentary provided by the BBC and French commentary provided by France 2
2. The World League of eSport will be broadcast live on Twitch TV
3. The World League of eSport will feature online qualifiers in Asia, Europe and North America that lead to regional finals
4. The top 16 teams from each region will compete at the finals in Shanghai China
Read also: 8 Reasons Why You Should Bet on Sports
The Benefits Of Esports as an Industry to Live And Work in
Esports is an industry that has seen significant growth in recent years. It has been growing at a rate of 40% year on year and is expected to be worth $1.5 billion by 2020.
There are various career opportunities for people who want to work in the esports industry and there are many different ways to do so, whether you want to be involved with the production side of things or just watch what’s going on.
In the production side of things, there are a number of jobs available. These include but are not limited to:-Working in an esports broadcasting studio such as ESL or Twitch Studios-Documenting esports events such as filming matches and post-match interviews with players and commentators, editing videos, and uploading them to YouTube/Twitch for distribution.
There’s more to eSports than you can imagine.